Care & Maintenance
Care Tips & Advice : Handmade Carpets & Rugs
• In order for your rugs to retain their appearance & shape for a long time please remove dust & stains regularly.
• A lighter coloured rug will require cleaning more often that a darker one.
• Vacuum your rug once a week & air it once in three months atleast.
• Another effective way to clean a rug is to turn it upside down and beat it gently.
• This removes all the lose yarn & dirt drops out. Make sure you do this in an open space /outdoors.
• Vacuum your rug / carpet at least once a week.
• Do not use a vacuum cleaner with a rotary brush nozzle.
• Please note it is normal for the rug to lose individual fiber when used. These are excess fibers & do not affect the general quality of the rug.
• More frequent vacuuming on a new rug can help in getting rid of the excess fibers / yarn.
Rotate your Rug
• For uniform exposure to sunlight & wear rotate the placement of your rug periodically.
• Attend to a spill or a stain immediately. For dry stains scrape them off carefully without damaging the fibers. For wet stains blot them with a tissue paper and use liquid detergent to remove it. Use limited amount of water as excess water can harm the glue used to hold the fibers together in case if a hand tufted carpet / rug.
• All our premium Hand Knotted carpets come with a coat of Vetro Power Nano Coating.
Lose Fiber / Strands of Yarn
• Do not pull or tug at any loose fibers & yarns , use scissors to cut them.
It is best to use a professional cleaner to clean your rug / carpet once a year.
For more details write to us at : firstname.lastname@example.org